Since The Election, People Have Been Asking, “HOW CAN I HELP?”
Here’s What We Know:
President-elect Trump has vowed to eliminate the Paris Climate Agreement. This historic agreement has been signed by the US and 174 other parties, marking a big step forward in our global fight against climate change.
President-elect Trump has now assembled an all-star team of climate deniers and fossil fuel buddies in his cabinet by nominating the current CEO of Exxon Mobil to be the new Secretary of State and climate denier Scott Pruitt to oversee the EPA. The future of the Paris Agreement is in their hands.
Until the inauguration, we won’t have an official channel to reach President-elect Trump to convince him to do the right thing and take action on climate change.
But, We Know He Loves Using Twitter.
On January 5, 2017, let’s take over President-elect Trump’s favorite social platform to let him know that backing out of the global commitment we made in Paris is unacceptable. Not only is it an embarrassment to the global community, it’s an insult to everyone who cares about clean air, a stable climate and a healthy planet.
Here’s What You Can Do:
We can march hand-in-hand later, but let’s march online now.
Starting at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time on Thursday January 5th, 2017 and throughout the day, send Trump a tweet or two. Or a hundred thousand. Let’s get thousands of tweets to Trump in a single day so he cannot deny the overwhelming support for the Paris Agreement. Let’s ask him to proudly stand up for the commitment we made as a nation during his first 100 days in office.
Here are some sample tweets to use at 9:00 a.m. MT on January 5th:
- .@realDonaldTrump 175 countries can’t be wrong. #KeepParis #100Days
- .@realDonaldTrump, we know you’re listening. Keep the commitment we made in Paris to save jobs & the planet. #KeepParis #100days
- .@realDonaldTrump 75% of your supporters want clean energy. True. Easy popularity. #KeepParis #100days
- .@realDonaldTrump, we know you’re listening. Step 1 in being a respected global leader is not backing out of commitments #KeepParis #100days
- .@realDonaldTrump, the $646 billion US outdoor industry with 1mm+ jobs depends on a stable climate. Protect our jobs and #KeepParis #100days
- .@realDonaldTrump, the US military thinks climate change is an imminent threat. Listen to them. #100Days #KeepParis
- .@realDonaldTrump, we hear you’re a skier. Act like it and #protectourwinters. #100Days #KeepParis
- .@realDonaldTrump, more people work in renewables than oil & gas – get behind this and you’re a job creation hero #100Days #KeepParis
- .@realDonaldTrump @bloomberg says solar is bec. the cheapest form of electricity & majority of US wants clean energy. Be a leader #KeepParis
- .@realDonaldTrump, 7/10 Americans, including 57% of Republicans, support the #ParisAgreement #KeepParis #100days
- .@realDonaldTrump, we’ve heard you’ve had some fun in @AspenSnowmass. Us too. #KeepParis or the snow and our jobs are gone. #100days.
- .@realDonaldTrump, listen to businesses. 100s of US companies, incl. @theNorthFace @Burtonsnowboard @Nike are urging you to #KeepParis #100days.
- .@realDonaldTrump, mayors & governors, many in states that support you are determined to address #climatechange anyway. #KeepParis #100days
If you want also send him a letter too, click here to join our “100 Days” campaign, where in partnership with New Belgium Brewery and Ben & Jerry’s, we will hand deliver letters to The White House this spring, asking President-elect Trump to keep our commitment to Paris during his first 100 days.
To find out what 9:00 Mountain Time is near you click here
If you don’t have Twitter yet, get it here:
Here are some social images to use: