POW IS HIRING: Jr. Graphic Designer + Merchandise Coordinator
Position: Jr. Graphic Designer and Merchandise Coordinator
Location: Boulder, CO
Reporting to: Brand and Marketing Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Based in Boulder, CO, Protect Our Winters (POW) is a nonprofit that engages and mobilizes the outdoor sports community to lead the fight against climate change through educational initiatives, political advocacy, and community-based activism.
Founded by pro snowboarder Jeremy Jones in 2007, POW works against climate change by turning passionate outdoor people into effective climate advocates. We are a community of athletes, thought pioneers and forward-thinking business leaders working to affect systemic political solutions to climate change. We work hard, but we enjoy taking our meetings to the chairlift or backcountry.
The Jr. Graphic Designer + Merch Coordinator is responsible for supporting POW’s marketing and communication strategy by developing the day to day creative assets for POW communications, as well as coordinating the designs and production for POW merchandise. As a critical member of the marketing team, you will work in partnership to deliver inspiring visuals for key messages for all POW communication touchpoints.
In this position, you will:
● Contribute to multiple projects, manage your own workload to meet defined deadlines and communicate out your capabilities when resetting of expectations is required.
● Attend and participate in creative meetings and status, capture your actions and complete follow-up tasks.
● Pitch creative concepts: iterate, sketch and execute on concepts.
● Collaborate with cross-functional team to support launch of projects.
● Produce print media (including logo formatting, posters, invites, info-graphics, signage etc.) and digital media (including social media assets, email assets, web banners, etc.)
● Produce easily understandable presentation layouts for print and digital.
● Scope and source materials for brand merchandise, and coordinate production of merch for brand store. (Including – but not limited to – t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, stickers, cups, etc.)
● Produce on-brand graphics for merchandise and execute on production of graphics on merch.
● Continually source and develop inspiring material to support new opportunities to build brand presence through creative assets.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education within Design, Arts or Production fields.
● Up to 3 years of working experience as a Graphic Designer or Production Artist
● Intermediate-Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Suite on a Mac platform. (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign as primary programs).
● Experience with various printed mediums and some experience with merchandise production techniques and development.
● Proficient in building print-ready files with acute attention to detail.
● Ability to comprehend logical page structure, readability, visual hierarchy and balance in design.
● Ability to work well within a team.
● Time management skills.
● A talent for creative problem-solving.
● A portfolio of produced work that demonstrates the ability to emotionally connect with an audience and also communicate an idea effectively.
● Demonstrates cultural awareness of our outdoor community
To apply, please send your portfolio to email@example.com with “Jr. Graphic Designer andMerchandise Coordinator Application” in the subject line by Thursday, December 19, 2019.
Details of Position:
This is a full time, year-round, benefitted position located in Boulder, CO.
Physical demands and work environment:
Must operate within the context of established objectives. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear,and see.The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.