- Full Time
- Boulder Colorado
Protect Our Winters (POW) is a 501(c3) non-profit organization, founded by big-mountain snowboarder, Jeremy Jones. Our mission is to turn passionate outdoor people into effective climate advocates.
The Program Coordinator will help implement and execute events and opportunities for POW Alliance members to advance POW’s mission within the outdoor recreation community. The Program Coordinator position reports to POW’s Program Manager and will frequently collaborate with the Advocacy and Communications teams.
The ideal candidate has a pulse on the outdoor sports community and a strong understanding of the climate movement. From conference rooms, to ski resorts, crags and theaters, the candidate will need to be equally comfortable communicating with professional athletes, business leaders and community members–and be able to thrive under pressure. The ideal candidate will need to be well organized and able to juggle a variety of ongoing events and logistics.
Reports to: Program Manager
- Pursue, schedule and organize events for POW Alliance members (athletes, creatives, scientists, resorts & CEO’s), including but not limited to: resort and brand partner speaking engagements, POW’s “Passion to Purpose” presentations, Hot Planet Cool Athletes high school assemblies and other miscellaneous events that are deemed fit for POW’s mission in key locations and beyond.
- Help with logistics and execution of POW’s athlete, brand, partner and CEO trainings on climate communications and advocacy.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide administrative support for POW alliance members to engage on speaking events, public testimonies, lobbying trips, and social media campaigns.
- Aid the Program Manager in tracking and updating POW Alliance members associated activities and success metrics.
- Aid in the development of current and new programs within the organization with the Program Manager.
- Provide regular reports on progress, events and opportunities.
- Support other POW initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two to four years of experience in event organizing and execution
- A keen eye for social media and creating/documenting engagements for the POW community
- Solid understanding of the of climate change science, advocacy, and relevant related policies
- A passion for working with the outdoor sports community and developing non-traditional partnerships
- Previous experience working within the outdoor sports community a definite plus
- You believe in transformational leadership.
- You seek to know your people and help get them the trainings and resources they need to accomplish common goals.
- You take initiative.
- You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems that will help everyone do their job better.
- You’re a great communicator.
- You can generate enthusiasm for a message and help your people make it their own.
- You are concise and operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
- You believe in solutions.
- You are passionate about climate action and believe the outdoor community can be critical in ushering in a net-zero emissions future powered by clean energy.
- This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the Boulder, CO area only. This position requires a willingness to travel (20-30%) domestically, mostly across the Intermountain West.
To apply please submit your resume and 300 words on what events and projects you would pursue and create to communicate POW’s message with outdoor recreation enthusiasts, ski resorts and outdoor brands to [email protected]