Position: Brand and Marketing Director
(Note: the title for this position has been updated to ‘Director’ since last posting)
Protect Our Winters (POW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, founded by big-mountain snowboarder, Jeremy Jones. Our mission is to turn passionate outdoors people into effective climate advocates.
We are a growing organization seeking an individual who is passionate about outdoor recreation and purposeful work. Our ideal candidate is a creative and brand innovator who knows how to inspire and move people to action through content, is able to manage and prioritize multiple workflows, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This position will serve a key role in crafting POW’s organizational narrative and creative direction, brand positioning and merchandise strategy, content partnerships and collaborations, and working alongside POW’s Communications Manager on our marketing strategy and campaigns.
Reports to: Executive Director
- POW Brand
- Own the POW brand and all related vision, direction, and guidelines needed to help it scale.
- Drive the creation of all visual and creative assets needed to help the organization succeed.
- Serve as lead for managing POW’s presence at high-profile events.
- Secure and manage brand design resources and vendors.
- POW Marketing Strategy
- Collaborate with POW’s Communications Manager and the greater POW team to craft POW’s creative arc and messaging to most effectively grow our base of advocates and advance our message.
- Develop innovative marketing, advertising, and creative content tactics to elevate POW’s brand and get our message out to the climate community, the outdoor industry, and outdoors people in target geographies.
- Create departmental metrics and evaluation systems to ensure adaptability and show ROI.
- POW Creative Alliance
- Serve as the primary liaison to POW’s Creative Alliance, our network of content creating influencers.
- Develop a plan to engage and activate the Creative Alliance, empowering, engaging and supporting active members.
- Drive creation of strategies to advance POW’s message and climate agenda in the outdoor sports community.
- POW Merchandise
- Manage the direction and creation of POW merchandise, including associated vendors and contractors.
- Secure and manage collaborative product branding with select partners.
- POW Partnership Content
- Serve as principal point of contact for all content related partnership requests.
- 4-6 years of experience leading strong national/global campaigns
- Broad marketing experience spanning digital and physical marketing
- Experience creating engaging content
- Experience running digital and social campaigns
- Comfortable working with design and visual content software
- Excellent business communication skills
- Experience managing events
- Experience managing partner relationships
Characteristics this position needs to be successful:
- Positive attitude and passion for the outdoors and climate action
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
- An idea-driven, creative problem solver
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong partner and talent network
- Passionate about using branding to make the world a better place
- Competitive compensation
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Health and vision insurance
- Nature Rx PTO days
How To Apply:
If you know this is the right job for you, please send a resume, a cover letter, and a brief campaign plan that highlights how you could transform a national initiative like the Green New Deal into a campaign that would speak to and motivate the POW community to action. Please submit a campaign summary, talking points, and social assets/messaging. Please submit all materials to [email protected].