How we use your donation
Nothing that we do would be possible without your generous support. Thank you! Curious where those dollars go? Here’s a snapshot…
management & General
Getting the Word Out
- Partner with people who get you stoked about climate issues
- Create the swag that gets people talking about who we are
- Connect you to the issues on platforms like social media and our website
Humble brag: our digital communication efforts reached 5,049,306 potential voters and achieved 134,440,300 media impressions.
Strengthening our Capabilities
- Hire team members who make POW better, smarter, and more effective
- Broaden our network of community members
- Grow partnerships with businesses and athletes
Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- Activate our community to flex their political advocacy muscle
- Host voting campaigns that reflect the outdoor community’s passions
- Send athletes to share the impacts of climate change with our representatives
Humble brag: our “Run To Vote” campaign with Strava challenged 25,598 people to run or bike to the polls and vote.
- Space to collaborate and get to work
- Pay the team that keeps our organization ticking
- Technology that keeps us connected and working
- Build strategic partnerships
- Host fundraising events around the country
To get an idea of how far your donation can go, check out our 2020 Annual Report. Or, if you’re like us and have your eyes on the future, check out our 2024 Strategic Plan. We’re thankful for any support you can give.
2021 – 2024 Strategic Plan
The recently released 2021 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) climate science report indicates that it is still possible to limit global warming to 1.5°C, but that doing so requires rapid, large-scale reductions of all greenhouse gasses immediately and permanently to reach net zero emissions by 2050. We know, it sounds like a massive task. But we believe that solving the climate crisis is not only possible, it’s within reach. See POW plans to achieve this via our 2021 – 2024 Strategic Plan.
2020 ANNUAL REPORT
2020 was quite the year, eh? It was a bumpy road for us all, but there were also many wins worth celebrating along the way. Our CrushIt4Climate campaign with Strava drew in 434,800 people who crushed it for their outdoor playgrounds. When the pandemic locked us down, we held virtual events where high profile athletes and members of the outdoor members engaged with climate scientists and policymakers. And when the rubber met the road during the most contentious election in our lifetime, POW reached over 33 million potential voters with our civic engagement and GOTV messaging. We checked off some big goals in 2020.
“Perhaps the rewards of solving climate change are so compelling, so nurturing and so natural a piece of the human soul that we can’t help but do it.”
Other Ways to Give
Become a Partner
Help us raise awareness and funds with the power of your brand.
Fundraise for POW
Amazon Smile + POW
Turn that Amazon purchase into a donation for POW, every time you shop!
Shop POW merch
Get the latest POW branded gear and support POW with your purchase.
Donate your vehicle
If you’re looking to get rid of your old vehicle and do it for a great cause, you’ve come to the right place!